Free

The Mysterious Cesare Pugni

5:15 PM

Pugni was an Italian composer born in May of 1802.



He composed some of the most beautiful music to some of the most famous and traditional ballets in the history of ballet, including but not limited to:
But try to google his name or find a CD on Amazon with his ballets, it’s a tough search!

I have found only a few things. I was trying to find the Pas de Quatre variations so I could teach them to my pointe students but I can’t find a download anywhere!
Image source

So far what I’ve found is the website Download Ballet. They have many great albums that are specifically edited variations for performance. They don’t have Pas de Quatre, but they do have lots of other stuff! Giselle, Sleeping Beauty, Paquita, etc. Definitely check them out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All content (except where otherwise noted) is copyright Haley Mathiot. Feel free to quote, but please cite appropriately and notify immediately if any information that appears on this site is copied or quoted.